Today I just walked, but even just walking up these stairs is really hard. Around my 5th time up, papa said lets do it 15 times. I laughed at him and said I was only doing 10 and let me tell you around 6, i could barely lift my legs, but I fought through it. I finally made it to 10 and at the top i was shaking, my legs were burning, it hurt. Papa said, "Oh come on, its only 5 more". I thought "ok have fun, im done", lol! But I kept going. I had my ipod and some latin music came on, first spanish then portuguese and before I knew it I only had 3 left. By this time, I stopped in the middle and looked back and literally almost fell backwards, my head was spinning, my body was in pure shock. I finished that one, grabbed 2 more rocks in my hand ( i was keeping track my lining up rocks at the bottom) and papa said, "Come on, 1 more for thais and 1 more for tiago" So as we were coming down, he said "great job only 1 more" and i thought no that was 15 im done. we went to the bottom and counted rocks and he was right, i had one more. So up we went. I didnt ever look up because I didnt want to know how many more i had and i never held onto the railing till the last one, to help pull me up.
It was an amazing feeling and now my legs are like jello, just walking home as we started down hill, i couldnt lock my knees, i looked like a fool walking, but i didnt care. I am proud of my 15 sets of stairs and after some math, i came up with there are 111 actually stairs but it takes 125 steps due to the couple of flat places you walk but not in height. So 125 up times 15 = 1,875 steps, then 1,875 down equals 3750 steps.
So doing some googling on the internet i found that 1 mile is 2000- 2500 steps, I walked close to 1 mile straight up and 1 mile down. One flight of stairs is an average of 10 steps so we walked 375 floors or flights of steps or to the top of the worlds tallest building the Taipei 101 almost 4 times. INSANE but accomplished!
My math may not be all that right, I can barely think after all that, lol!
A look from the bottom, you can only see to the first flat spot

A view from the top, you can see 2 of the flat spots but the street is the actual bottom

My 15 rocks, keeping track for me as I went up and down

The worlds tallest building that has 101 floors

No comments:
Post a Comment