Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hiking Day

Today i had wanted to do something extra hard/ fun in hopes of losing an extra few pounds before weigh in tonight. On Wednesday after soccer I cheated and jumped on the scale and was happy with the results but since then the scale is back to normal. So I thought if I did the stairs yesterday and hiked today, I might out smart that scale, but I was wrong. Oh well, I know its great for me and I truly enjoy doing it. We hiked for 2.5 hrs, up a mt that has probably 500 steps on one side and 1 mile along the top then back down the middle and back to the car. It took forever and there were moments I couldnt breathe and others I felt so good I jogged. Even the last big hill before the car, I powered hiked it and that was after 2 hrs of hiking already. No water, from 11am to 1:30pm, mid day on a hot day and still made it. Very proud of myself and tons of fun since papa went with me. I got over 100 pictures and tons of memories of when I used to go there with my dog. It was sad to do it with out him but it made me remember our good days together, because even if he was here today, he wouldnt have been able to go with me, so Im glad he was with me in memory and spirit.

I had horribly afterwards but after the last 2 days, i didnt care. My body needs fuel to recover. Who knows if I can out do myself now.


I just copied and pasted these pixs from my other blog.

We started off at the orange circle at the bottom left and walked to the the yellow triangle which is south fortuna mt. Then came down in between the 2 mts and walked back to the orange circle.

This is about 10 mins into our walk and the top of the mts we went too is between my left hand and head. That peak, cliffs edge is the top of the mts then we walked past my other hand and all the way back to where I was standing.

Some paths were easier than others, our goal still in the back ground.

South Fortuna Mtn trail

Many holes and cracks along the way and we had to go up and down several times

Back when I used to come a lot,  none of these nice bridges were here. Chewey's fav spots were standing in the streams

Evidence of the fires

Now this is just before our climb up the mt. If you look in the right upper corner you will see where we started from on the big gray path. Thats where the pix of me with my arms up was taken.

This is at the bottom of the stairs to the very top of the mt.

If you look closely or click to enlarge, you can see the path going up the middle to the stairs, thats the path we took. You can also see a man with his dalmation dog towards the bottom and 2 ladies in the middle. I swear they are there. Let me know if you see them, if not i will enlarge and post later.

The stairs begin

The path behind us

My proud husband with the stairs behind him

We made it to the top. Thats a road behind me and a cliff, lol!

You can now see most of San Diego, but also the path we started from in the middle to the left a little.

Now we walked along the top of the mt to the 2 towers in the middle of the 2 mts.

Downhill was a little scary at times

That path is what we had walked along the top of the mt

We got a little sidetracked but went on this path anyways

We made it to the towers but then went down the wrong path, so we were forced to climb down this mt of rocks instead of the nice jeep trail. It was funny though! Only a slight delay.

Where we came from, you can just barely see the path in between the 2 mts.

and back on the road to the car

Our last valley back to the car

2hrs and 15 mins give or take the walk to the car. If you ask papa, he will tell you it would have only taken 90 mins if I didnt stop so many times for pictures, lol!

No comments: