Saturday, April 3, 2010

Totally on spot

Yesterday I made gazpacho, which is a Mexican cold veggie soup. I cut veggies for close to 3 hours, but it feed everyone for dinner last night during the Laker vs Jazz game which is a huge rivalry in my house. We had 10 people and only half the pot is gone. I had it again for lunch today and plan to have it for lunch tomorrow and the day after till its gone. I love it! For breakfast I am eating special k ceral the vanilla bean flavor. Im really tempted to eat the m&m's in a bowl on the table or the crust of my kids sandwiches and pop tarts or the ends of their hot dogs, but im am doing good not doing it. The great thing is Tiago is eating better too. He had steamed carrots the other night and half a banana yesterday. If I dont buy these things and show my kids to eat them, how are they ever going to eat them, them selves? I am hoping to eat all the boiled eggs I am boiling now to be dyed, but we bought 60 so even if the colored ones are bad, I will be boiling more for a good snack. I have nuts to snack on too and I just got back from the gym with papa and had a banana and an orange. Im still trying to challenge myself to eat 3 different fruits or veggies each day but now it isnt such a challenge. I am actually craving oranges these days. At the gym I did the elliptical in x-training which is 5 mins forward, 2 mins in reverse one level 8 or 20 for 30 mins and when i would do reverse, i would sprint. It said I burned 507 calories. I was really excited. Then I went and lifted weights with papa for the next 30 mins, then we had to leave to get back to the kids. I am super sore, i assume from soccer last night which we lost but wow i was tired. My lungs dont burn like they did 6 months ago but i wasnt in the shape i was before we went on vacation. I feel good and I swear in just 5 days I can see a difference. I am teasing myself with the idea of I can eat all the cookies i want once Im preggo but until then, I have to work out and not eat sweets, etc, etc. I know it doesnt make a lot of sense but it worked for today. When I was preggo with both my babies, I made chocolate chip cookies almost every evening, including the night before I went in for my 2nd c-section. I was told I couldnt eat after midnight, so there i was eating cookies at 11:59pm, lol! Im not saying Im going to do that again this next pregnancy but until I get pregnant, I wont know and that wont be for a few weeks, so for those few weeks. I am going to really push myself and watch what i eat and work out. With so much chaos in my life right now, its nice to be able to control at least something.

No comments: