Thursday, September 17, 2009

My knee

I went to the doc for my knee yet again today. I had insurance all my life growing up with my parents. Then once I met my hubs and we moved to Canada, i dropped my american insurance for my free canadian insurance. Well after 3 yrs we moved back to the usa and i didnt get american insurance for probably 8 or 10 months. I finally got it last summer in NY, but only good in NY. So i went to the doc and complained of my left knee. They went on and on about arthritis and took blood over and over again, gave my home exercises and told me to take some advil and learn to live with pain. Well now over 1 yr later, this is my 2nd summer with insurance, i went back to the doctor and told him. "I have done everything you have asked me for over 1 yr, almost 2 and my knee still hurts.We have to do what I want to do now and that would be x-rays and mri's." The doc agreed, I finally got a prescription for an xray and will meet back with the doc in 1 week to go over my results. If we dont see anything, we will get an mri. Im so excited... i am hoping to finally, finally get some answers and maybe, just maybe be able to do cardio again without pain, because for me, running is the best way for me to lose weight and I have not been able to do that in over 2 yrs. making working out really hard. So tomorrow I will go for an x-ray and i will update next thursday with the findings.

No comments: