I had said I was going to work myself hard this week and its Monday so I started strong. I just hope Im not to sore to do it again tomorrow and the next day. This work out is all because of papa, he stayed home with all 3 kids for the 90 minutes I was gone and then he even cooked one of my fav meals for lunch. He is truly amazing and I am thankful for him and his support in my efforts.
The kids do not have school this week so Im using the less crazy schedule to try and get some work outs in. I was able to run my longest run EVER of 6.5 miles. Im usually a 4 or 5 mile girl so this was huge for me. I ran it in 1 hour and 20 minutes. I did stop at stop lights and there were 3 major hills that once I ran to the top of them, i try to sprint up them with the thinking of the faster I run up it the sooner it is over, so once i reach the top i can barely breath so I usually stop or walk to catch my breath. I felt really good for the first 45 mins or so, then I could feel I was tired. This time I had my head phones and jammed out to all portuguese music, it makes me not think about running but trying to understand and translate the words in the song. I also ran wearing papa's Sockers t-shirt so i ran against traffic so I could do some free advertising for them lol! Hey every bit helps.
Did I mentioned my knee is swollen and hurts a whole lot? Not sure if these photos do justice but its bruised and swollen and i still ran over 6 miles!
Distance:
6.58
mi. Pace: 12:09 min/mi Duration: 01:20:00 Speed:
4.93
mi/h 11/21/2011
still weighing in at 142
Back at it
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment