Friday, September 9, 2011

Thais's lunch

This isnt very appealing to you but again I am making myself accountable by taking photos. If you dont know there is a whole world out there with moms who make the funniest looking lunches for their kids. Im taking real skill. Well I am not that mom, not even close, but I do like to try and change up her lunch and then see what she eats. To my credit I asked Thais if she wanted her sandwiches cut on cute shapes and she laughed and said "no mom I just want them like normal". Thais is my picky eater, she does not drink milk, eat fruit or veggies so imagine trying to make snacks and a lunch that will last 4 hrs after you pack it for a 5 yr old who has 20 mins to eat it all and talk with her friend and play on the play ground. Its crazy but Im trying. Since she didt have school today with the black out im posting the last 3 lunches. Her half day lunches are not as much because I know she will come home and eat lunch with us but I still pack it just in case. I am all about packing too much then too little. I am also waking up and making her breakfast before I wake her up. We had muffins and sausages this week, was supposed to do pancakes today but again no school.

snack- goldfish
lunch- 2 grilled cheese, 2 yogurts, goldfish and a nutella sandwich because I wasnt sure if the grilled cheese would be too soggy or not
water and capri sun

2 grilled cheese was a success and 1 yogurt and gold fish snack and capri sun

snack- muffin, gold fish, apple juice
lunch- viena sausages, yogurt, juice, water, gold fish

half day- turkey lunch meat, sliced cheese, yogurt, muffin
snack- gold fish



and just so you know what some of the other moms I talk to online are doing here is a peak at their lunches.



2 comments:

Corinne said...

oh my. That looks like way too much work. Thais lunches look like the kind I would make.

Heather said...

I know right? If my kid would eat those lunches I would probably make them but she eats her lunch just the way it is so why? lol!