Monday, January 31, 2011

Prepping

So I have set April 1st as my start date of working out again. Im due with baby 3 March 10th and I am giving myself a few weeks for my body to recover. Im not going all out April 1st but at least I have a date in my head now and I will go all the way till Dec 31st. Thats 9 months, just like 9 months of being pregnant. Ideally I think I need to lose 50 pounds but 30 is a more realistic goal. So thats 30 pounds in 39 weeks, which is a fantastic pace for 1 pound a week give or take. Basically I dont want to set myself up for failure and as you can see even sitting here 34 wks pregnant, losing weight is all I can think about.

The past 2 maybe even 3 weeks I have been eating oatmeal for breakfast and now I added carnation instant breakfast as an option also. I am usually pretty good about having bowls of cereal like special k or cherrios, but I was trying to stay away from milk while I was sick, so i went with oatmeal. I know come diet time I will have to cut out all the good flavor oatmeal but im still practicing good habits here. I like flavored bubble water once in awhile instead of the same ol plain water and its 0 calories so thats good. I have canned fruit juices, like mango, or strawberry banana that I am having 1 a day, i know its not the real fruit but they are really yummy. I even made jello today, granted I used vit d milk so it does have calories but again good practice here. Getting these snacks and foods back into my diet so when April comes around, its not all shocking to my body. I had cooked veggies last night at a friends house and then broiled asparagus my cousin made when i got home.

Speaking of my cousins, they are both on a really good path to losing weight this year too and I wil be excited to join them come april. They are eating a lot of fish which i cant eat just yet but will eventually. When I lost 25 pounds for my 30th birthday bash, fish and rice was all I ate and I actually really liked it. So now when we have family dinners, Im hoping we will all be eating healthy foods. Im excited for this journey even if its 2 months away. I know everything Im doing now will be better for when i do it then.

UPDATED- walked for 45 mins today and felt great, doc appt tomorrow, hoping the walk helped, lol!

No comments: