Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend

Friday- I didnt work out, I slept in the extra hour because our friend Bob and I were taking the kids to a water/ amusement park. So I need all the rest I could get plus with bob here, I hadnt napped all week and didnt see napping in my near future. Splurged with pizza for dinner as the boys watched soccer.

Saturday- I woke up and did a good 30- 40 mins work out, even tried a couple push ups but felt my arm still weak so i stopped. I was watching my soaps on dvr when tiago woke up kind of early and he found me on the floor as I was resting between sets of sit ups. He curled up in my underarm, nestled his head in my neck and covered both of us with his blanket. That was it, my work out was over. We just laid on the floor and snuggled for a good 30 mins or so. It was so cute and fun and a moment i wont ever forget and while i kept telling myself my work out wasnt over, i wasnt willing to give up cuddle time with my baby boy for a few more sit ups.
I ate grapes and cheese for breakfast, artichoke for lunch and then beer for dinner at papa's game. Blew the diet but had such a great time drinking with the girls on a saturday night.

Sunday- Woke up early even with drinking the night before and I walked over 3 miles using the 45 min walking video. It was great, you dont just walk, you do knee lifts, butt kicks, twists, arm stuff and i loved it. I can totally feel it now as I sit here typing 12 hours later. Then we went to the pool and of course my husband and i were working out while playing with the kids and made it a competition. Each of us had a kid on our back, in the 4 foot zone, and jumped from one leg to the other and had to jump over the line on the bottom, with serious speed, it was a killer work out and the kids were cracking up and w emade the whole pool have big waves. Leave it to us to make family time, work out time too.

Mirrors and pictures and scales are so deceiving. I feel good in a bathing suit, not great. when i get dressed in the morning and am just in undies and bra, i feel like i look good in the mirror, but then i take a picture and in the picture I look HUGE. I still cant get over how i look in photos because I surely dont see myself that way or feel that way and that is the main reason i wont step on a scale. Its not how much you weigh or what size, its how you feel and I feel great.

No comments: