Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Recovering

I spent the ENTIRE day resting my arm yesterday. I never realized how much I used my right bicep. Just things like getting the milk out of the fridge, or pouring a glass of water, putting away dishes, hurt so bad. So I was trying to do everything with my left arm. i was even sleeping trying to not sleep with my arm under my pillow, it was cray but it seemed to work because today my arm is 50% better. Im talking huge improvement.

How ever I still took it easy today. I did lots of squats and abs, like 90 mins worth. i did 2 of those 10 min tv shows, then i watch my dvr'd shows and continue to work out, i did the pilates 12 step and some other stuff. THEN, yes then.... I took the kids swimming and while in the pool, i was doing leg kicks like riding a bike for 60 secs at a time, and i ran in place, i did ladder climbs all under water, i didnt feel my arm hurt once. It was great. I love working out in the water. I still wont be doing weights for a few more days but i am not letting 1 arm keep me down.

Im eating good, but i have accepted a very important fact and that is.... im ok with my weight. I know there are a lot of people who would love to have my body and while that sounds selfish, its not meant to be. Its me telling myself, i love my body and i do. If i lose weight, great, if i dont thats ok too. I will still work out just to keep looking like this. I feel so good right now that I even went clothes shopping today, something i hate to do and i was very happy. I am taking better care of myself, i am trying new hair styles, and wearing clothes i have bought in the past but never wear and adding jewelry. Im proud of me, im proud of the work im doing but im not going to deprive myself from the things i love either. If i want a bite of this or have a beer, thats great! I should and i will.

Food diary
Mon- special k, banana, lunch meat, peaches, veggies & grilled chicken
tues- special k, banana, lean cuisine pocket, nuts, sub way sandwich

No comments: