Not steps like stairs, but steps like right foot, left foot. I was asked what the next challenge would be (i love to do monthly challenges, then I get bored, so I make sure not to commit to anything more than 6 wks and even that is hard) I want to a pedometer challenge since walking is all I am allowing myself to do right now but I dont feel like pedometers actually count your foot steps. Doesnt matter if its a $5 one or a $500 one, I have never heard good reviews. Then a girlfriend of mine posted she was bored and hungry but dinner would be ready in 30 minutes. So I told her to go for a walk, but she couldnt since she had her day care kids still at her home, so i told her to count 500 steps. Then I thought to myself, only way to really know how many steps I take is to count them, so I was home alone holding a sleeping infant how could I get my exercise in for the day? So i started walking around counting my steps, up the stairs, down the stairs then i went outside but wanted to stay in the shade so i walked the porch back and forth then noticed there was a long stretch of shade on the sidewalk in front of our house, so I went down there and started going back and forth, it was 75 steps each way. I got to 700 steps when i noticed a swarm of bees in the tree above us, so I had to go back in the house. I went into the bathroom, turned on the light and fan to keep this sleeping baby sleeping and then began side stepping for 300 more steps. I know I walk around all day especially because my baby doesnt like to be put down and i make an effort to stand a lot, as you work your muscles more and burn calories even just standing.
I know I at least walked 1000 steps today all while holding a 13 pound baby. Its not a lot, probably only 1/2 a mile but the effort is there, the thought is there an its better than nothing.
Back at it
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment