Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sore

It is spring break and I am busy, busy busy. We are meeting friends at parks and spray parks and shopping, i feel like I am on my feet all day. I am trying to walk but not going as far as stairs, just walking. Last night I felt my stomach really sore, I felt like I just did 1,000 sit ups. It hurts to sneeze and such. So today we went shopping for close to 4 hours, of just walking the stores and i carried the baby a lot of it in my arms. I came home exhausted only to have my neighbor come by with her twins asking if i wanted to go for a walk, so of course I went lol! We walked up to the school, did 2 laps around the field, helped the kids fly kites then walked back home. Now I am really tired and I can feel it in my legs and my arms, heck even my back. Im not bleeding so thats good and I am 5 days away from seeing my doc and hopefully being cleared.

We did mostly grocery shopping today and I am so proud of myself. I learned so much, i usually shop about cooking convince meaning fast and easy and then of course price. How ever today as I went to grab all my favorite frozen meals, I would read the label and check sodium. I have recently learned a lot about how much sodium is in food especially frozen food. I remember a few years back when I lost 20 pounds, someone had told me the next step after counting calories is counting sodium. Which is close to calories. My rule of thumb is the sodium must be lower than the calorie per serving. I almost bought one of the samples at costco which was corn, bean, salad thing but when i saw the sodium i put it back and walked away. I was thinking it was a healthy side but not with all that sodium. I told myself, if I made this fresh it wouldnt have the sodium. Sodium is what makes things lastable, like frozen meals and canned soups. I was using canned mushrooms thinking oh these are healthy, but they are not. So today I bought fresh mushrooms and will just wash and cut them myself.

Slowly but surely i am learning and it is becoming like a habit. I am really trying to finish off the food in our cup boards and freezer and only replacing it with good and fresh food. I still want to eat bagels and tortillas but not at 200 calories per piece so today I bought mini tortillas and bagel flats, so im not depriving myself of the things i like or want, Im just limiting the amount of them I eat. I am also leaving off the butter, soy sauce, and extras. I eat rice just as rice, when i used to drown it in butter and soy sauce. I am hoping and believing these little things will really make the difference. I am constantly thinking that what I eat, Tatiana is also eating and I am hoping she will be even healthier than my other kids. I read an article today about super foods which I never knew what they were before I went on this spinach kick. The article listed the top 10 and I truly enjoy like artichokes, asparagus, avocado, spinach and strawberries. Thats 5 of the 10 that i can truly eat on a daily basis. I recently read losing weight is 90% diet and 10% working out and I feel like thats exactly what Im doing right now.

This coming Tuesday is the big weigh in for me, it will be my 6 wk postpartum weigh in with the same scale I used during my whole pregnancy. Im excited and nervous and motivated.

No comments: