Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Happening

It didnt start as planned because we only had 1 car and we had to take my cousin Jordan to school, so I couldnt go to the gym at 8am as planned. How ever I didnt let it stop me, i ended up going to the same class at 4:30pm. I had my mom drop me off then papa took Thais to dance class and picked me up afterwards. It was so nice to be back in a gym. I even had an extra 30 mins that i ran on the treadmill. I dont usually like gym since I had my dog for 16 yrs, i always felt guilty going to the gym while he would be stuck in the house. I still fell the same way as per treadmills, why not just run outside? And I'd like to argue that running 15 miles on a treadmill and running 15 miles in fresh air are not the same. Totally different when dealing with weather elements, hills, and your brain not being numbed out by tv or looking at other people on treadmills. ok sorry for that rant, always wanted to express that, lol!

So living in detroit i had a free gym and loved it because it was 6 feet of snow outside and i couldnt work out, outside. I have always enjoyed working out in the classes offered. I started before I met papa and continued at a gym in philly, detroit and ny. Something about working every muscle in my body in 1 hr is favorable. I could work out at home with weights but i wont get the same workout as I do in those classes. I am away from distractions, such as children, phones, tv, the dryer, what ever. I have loud blasting music and tons of mirrors and someone telling me what to do. i dont have to think about what muscles to work, and its always new and different. I lost over 20 pounds when i lived in detroit due to those classes. They are so addicting to me, i love to compete and i love to be pushed to do things i wouldnt normally do, i love the feeling i have during and after class. (not so much the next day though) I feel great during class, I feel like I could be there all day.

So I went to class Thursday and did great. Friday i went to Mexico but was active and sore all day. We got home at 12am and by 8:30am I was back in the gym. I was so tired but i knew i really wanted to do this and i would thank myself later. So i did the same class I did thursday, its called Body work plus abs, THEN i did a kick boxing class. Its turbo kick boxing and it kicked my rear. It was great though. I also did my push ups for my program. I am now so so sore, but really proud that i went. Hope I can keep it up. I also dont eat like i used to because i feel like I worked so hard, why eat it all away. Im trying not to have the mentality of I worked out so I can what ever i want now. I fall into that a lot. I went to a kids birthday party and didnt have cake, instead I had grapes, mangos, strawberries and cheese. Im excited....

No comments: