I am so excited for this day, i have been eating like crap and not running knowing my time was coming and now it has come. I entered a bet to lose 4% body weight in 6 weeks, I have to finish my 600 mile challenge, i want to run a half marathon in march... so besides the running, i want to eat healthier. My gf challenged me to go a whole month with no sugar, i didnt last 4 hours before i had sugar. But weeks later I really thought about it, mostly because I hate losing challenges. So i altered it a bit and read some where to cut out carbs or grains first,, then milk and then sugar. Well I love my sugar and my milk so grains and carbs it was. For breakfast I had a fruit smoothies and watermelon, lunch I had an egg salad with some tuna, snack was veggie chips, then came dinner. I had Thais first day of ballet then a meeting at church and it was almost 8pm by then. My body was in shock, I had the worse head ache, i was grumpy and down right mean... so we stopped by mcdonalds on the way home, i got a chicken snack wrap and an apple pie. Once home I ate some of the kids fries and nuggets. I now felt even more sick and vertigo, i was begging for my husband to come home so i could go to sleep. I was exhausted and done for. I cant believe one day, not even one day could wreck my body this bad. I had no idea how addicted my body was to food. Granted i dont get much sleep as it is, i went running today for the first time in a long time, and i took an allergy pill because im having a bad reaction to some ant bites, so the combo of those along with restricted food... i thought about calling 911, seriously. Not to mention breast feeding... whew. I have learned my lesson. Everything in small quanities.... holy smokes that was close. As my gf said, "I hate knowing im a slave to food" its the worse feeling in the world. I have beat addiction before and I will again... this time its food. This isnt even about weight any more, this is about me vs my body and us becoming friends again.
No comments:
Post a Comment