Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack!

My oh my, where do I begin? Well we are back from Brasil and in San Diego, been home since last Wednesday but been jet lagged and had Thais's 5th birthday party, so pretty busy. Today is Monday, Im trying to find some sort of regular routine but I havent yet. Today I have a doctor appt for baby #3. I took my doppler to Brasil and listened to the baby a few times, but I didnt really need to listen because I felt the baby kicking all the time, mostly at night when i laid down of course. Papa was able to feel the baby too. Well last night, we actually saw the baby move my stomach. I have been eating like crazy since i got back and yesterday was no exception so Im sure for what I probably lost in Brasil the last 4 weeks, I have gained back in the last 4 days of being home. It was hot in Brasil and I had a really hard time finding things to eat, there were days I would only eat one meal and thats because I forced myself. I took my pre-natals and drank enough water for a whole town and i believe most the time it was bottled water and not local water. I tried, i really did, there were days I did great with strawberries and mangos and grapes and other days i just lived off cookies and sun flower seeds. The meals they were eating were the same every day and I just couldnt eat the same thing day after day after day, just the thought of it even now makes me sick. I didnt have milk the entire time because it is not pasturized but i did have a lot of soy, hoping that helped. I was really worried about all the bug bites and catching something or them getting infected or some micro bug climbing inside me when we were in the oceans and lakes. Trust me, i freaked out a lot but there wasnt much I could do. So going to the doc today will hopefully out all my worries to ease. I know I am due for my 2nd set of blood test and we should be having an ultra sound here pretty soon, maybe even today, im not sure. We still do not what to know the gender and am trying to hold out till the end. I will come back hopefully later and update. For now... got to get the troops moving including myself, lol!

~~~~~~~UPDATED~~~~~~~~~~~
Just got back from the doc. Baby 3 is good, 140 heartbeat which is right in the middle, keeping our guesses of gender even more secret, lol! I lost 1 pounds (168.4) which is ok because I was in brasil and a lot of water weight and i ate a lot of fruit where as in the states its more pasta, breads, carbs, etc. I am measuring way ahead of schedule, he said 8 cm ahead. He said my uterus has a good memory and as soon as it found out i was preggo my uterus just expended more than it needed to be. Doc says baby is in there all stretched out with lots of room in there. I thought that was funny. We did blood and urine today and have an u/s on friday. Im hoping to take my mom, she has never been in an u/s with me before because I gave birth in canada with both kids before, so Im excited for that. Still holding out on knowing the gender, hopefully, lol!

I am walking a 5k next weekend and am going to start walking a lot. I gained 40 pounds with each previous kid, not trying to repeat that this time and now that Im back in the states and its cold season, i know how easy it can be, so im going to work hard and walk a lot! OK still unpacking, ugh!

No comments: