I wish i could tell how inspirational and beautiful our hike but if I did that, I would be leaving a lot out. The hike started off great, we got to see the sun rise and walked 2 miles in the shade and even made it to the bottom of the mt in the shade and walked the half mile up the mt stairs in the shade. We made it to the top, saw amazing views, took pictures, patted ourselves on the back and started walking again to complete our loop.... then the fun really started. I realized I had dropped the only key to the car some where between the top of the mt and the bottom of the mt. GREAT! So after Emily yelled at me and literally kicked my rear, we started to retrace our exact steps looking for the key. We saw over 30 people in the trails and no one saw our key. My heart was sinking and I was feeling worse and worse as we got farther down the mt. Just as we were at the bottom, we found the key right in the middle of the path. Emily and I were screaming and jumping up and down. That lasted about 5 mins before we realized we now had to walk 2 miles back to the car, most of it uphill and now the sun was right in top of us. Our nice hike turned into quite the adventure as always, how ever it wouldnt have been as exciting to blog about if we didnt have some drama, right?
I also must mention, in my research the night before I ran across a funny post about the 5 type of hikers, so all day Emily and I would see someone and say a number to which group that hiker fit into. Here are the list.
Group 1- the bird watchers- walking sticks, binoculars, bird book, sun hat
Group 2- athletic guy- no shirt, aerodynamic water back pack, head band and glistening skin
Group 3- crazy guy- either homeless and looking for a nice place to call home, or believe the world is going to end and he is looking for a place to build his bunker
Group 4- naked hikers- pretty easy to spot, no clothes, just boots
Group 5- the bored housewife- carpi pants, old navy shirt, visor, usually in packs talking about cars, houses and kids
We saw someone from every group, except the naked hikers and we are quite thankful for that. Funniest thing is, I read that alone last night and Emily showed up today in an Old Navy shirt with jean capri pants, Guess the guy really knew what he was talking about.
we were close to 7 miles, but im only counting 6 miles which is 12,000 steps because I know my pedometer is crazy. 24/45 miles, 13 days to go
37 yr old Latina, Mother of 5 children, Happily married to my pro soccer playing Brasilian husband. We spent 10 years on the road with his career and now are are back in my home town, raising our children. My step son Gaby who is 18, Thais is 9, Tiago is 8, Tatiana is 4 and we our newest and last baby, Zico who is 2! I love soccer, Lakers, Chargers, oceans and beaches, all things nature, and animals. We have so many friends and family around the world, this was the best way for everyone to stay up to date with our happenings!
No comments:
Post a Comment