Tuesday, June 26, 2012

17

ran 3 miles this morning then my foot started to hurt again so i walked the 3 miles back home, but either way its 6 miles closer to finishing this challenge. The baby woke up at 4:40am and starting crawling back and forth between papa and I trying to cuddle, she did this till after 6am when i think she finally feel back asleep. Of which I just got up and and got ready to run. It was nice and cold out, which was great compared to yesterdays walk in the hot sun. The first mile is all uphill which hurt the lungs but I did it, thankful for red lights on my route at this point. Im kind of in a daze as I run, just trying to think of random things and observe things to keep my mind off the fact that I am running because I really dont like I run but i make myself run. I have head phones so it helps but its the same 50 songs for 5 years now. I really should update it at some point.
Anyways things i observed this morning as I ran past the high school and through military housing are... being in the military must require you to own a motorcycle, hummer, jeep, mustang or v8 truck. As I watched all these men drive off to base or ship or station, those were the only 6 vehicles I saw. It got funny at one point, I thought a bus was passing me, but nope just those big ol'trucks. I usually run this route an hour later so I see all the kids going to school but today I didnt. One it is summer but two it was too early. What I did see was 2 different busses drop off women with small children at 7am. That is determination. I have no idea where they were going or where they had come from but to be getting OFF a bus at 7am with a small child is hard work and determination. I applud those women! I also saw a construction guy getting on the bus. Kudos to him too, for working so hard just to get to work. I then realized military housing doesnt have many grandparents in the community. Its mostly young families, but then a grandpa aged man went running by me, not once but 3 times. He was running the flattest part of our neighborhood back and forth. The man was in shape. And finally I ran past the high school just before summer class started and I saw 2 types of students, those that are trying to get ahead in school and those that are trying to catch up. Lots of well dressed young people with folders and back packs full of papers and then boys and girls, in flip flops, barely dressed or hair brushed, dragging to school with nothing in their hands at all but cell phones. It was quite the difference, but amusing none the less.

17 more miles to go and 27 more weeks to go till baby 4 is born.

No comments: