I didn't do the new year as I knew I'd have Zico party And my best friend Katie was coming to visit from Detroit. I just didn't want to set myself up for failure so I waited till I could really concentrate on it.
So here I am day 4 and loving it. I wasn't as prepared as I should have been but I'm winging it and learning as I go. Which for me is good, you don't ever really learn how to do something till you just jump in and do it, like riding a bike or driving a car. Read all the books you want and watch videos but you have to do it yourself to really understand. I have a great support system with my neighbor Kat and my BFF Katie as they org have done this before. I spent the first 2 days texting them non stop. Now I'm more
Confident and got through the worse part so I have tapered off but I'm so thankful to know they are stil there.
So day 1, I printed out some grocery lists from costco and wal mart from the website and went shopping to get 21dsd approved food only to realize while in costco my list was paleo friendly not 21dsd friendly so I basically walked out with just Tuna from Costco but I did buy coconut oil from Walmart so that was good.
So let's back up 21 day sugar detox is getting rid of sugar in your body by avoiding it at all costs wen natural sugars like fruit, bread, and grains. So my diet consists of meat and fish with veggies. No pasta or carbs either which really is harder to give up than sugar anyways. Because your body is so used to burning carbs and sugar for energy that now it has to learn to burn fat. It's a process called ketosis. Which I just learned about whole going through it.
So while I did it ok day 1 besides the massive headache it could have gone better because day 2 sucked. Eating wise I did great but my body began withdrawals and I got flu like sypmtoms. I had chills, shakes , sweats, foggy head, my whole body ached I couldn't stay awake. It was bad. I skipped Ash Wednesday at church on day 1 and day 2 I didn't get out of my pajamas but day 3 I woke up feeling amazing. All my withdrawal symptoms were gone and I felt like a million bucks. I was emergiEd and motivated I did al my errands including going t the health store and getting more baking goodies so I can try more recipes. It's now day 4 and my first weekend. We will see how it goes.
I should mention I have had no cravings and the only moments where I almost ate something i shouldn't have was more out of habit and my dislike of throwing food a Way the kids don't eat that is left on thier plate. How ever I am a pretty determined person and when I start something I finish it. I also started a week ago with slowly removing sweets from my diet and breaking some of my bad habits, so that has helped.
My next post will be my food so far....
No comments:
Post a Comment