Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Week in Review

Well since my fall last Saturday (8 days ago), I have been in serious pain. Im still in pain as i type this. Im ok to walk and run now, but the sitting down and getting up aspect, HURTS! Im talking serious pain but some how Im managing it. Getting in and out of the car, out of bed, up from eating or off the couch. I sometimes just stand for hours to avoid the getting up and down aspect.

How ever in this pain, I have managed to play 3 indoor soccer games. I am officially on 3 teams and sometimes sub for a 4th. I started my own team on Monday night co-ed which was supposed to be a lower level league but the team we played against was really good. We were losing till I scored my 2nd goal of the night with 30 seconds left for us to take the lead. It was a great feeling!
Wednesday soccer is for fun, like a pick up game with my former co-workers but a great work out, no subs either so your running the whole time. And my Friday team are some new friends I have made since coming back to San Diego. They play on several leagues, so I just joined them on Thursday too. Its a lot of fun, Im super sore afterwards especially with my bruised tailbone. Married couples in their 30's, so Im not the oldest by any means, or the slowest either, lol!

As for the triple turkey challenge, I never got the results but Im assuming I came in 3rd. My friend in charge lots her mojo for putting in challenges so our December one was cancelled. I want to start riding bikes, that was going to be my goal for Dec but with the bruised tailbone, all plans are on hold till the bruises, (yes bruises, I literally have bruises on my behind), go away.

I feel good though. I want to keep doing push ups, that was great last month to build up my strength. Im hoping these 3 new soccer teams pick up my cardio and my knees are feeling pretty good so far. Just fix this tailbone of mine and I should be good to go in the new year.

No comments: