Wednesday, July 27, 2011

c25k

I found an app for my phone that is couch to 5k (c25k). I used to do this program when we lived in Montreal, it kicked my rear but I loved it. I am the exercise dummy, tell me what to do and i will do it and more, but if i am supposed to tell myself what to do, no chance i will do it. So p90x, c25k, 30 day shred, 200 push ups, pilates, all these things works for me. I dont always follow it to an exact pin point but its a good trail to follow.

So with this new app, I went for a run and used it to tell me what to do. It worked great! It was a cloudy morning and I was totally motivated, I love to work out in the fog and cloudy weather. The average course I like to walk is close to 4 miles but today i added more to it because I wanted to add these 2 hills into my route and I did them both running the entire time for the first time ever. I was so proud of myself. I can feel myself getting stronger, my cardio is picking up. Im still scared about sit ups as I get sore really quick when I do them, but im going to keep trying to run sun/wed/fri and strengthen my knees hopefully.

So I did the c25k twice in the same day one right after the other, did over 4 miles maybe 5 all in just over 1hr. Then I got home and went for a walk with the kids about 1 mile then we went to the park and did timed laps. Over all it was about 3 hrs of walking, jogging o running. Im beat!

No comments: